How to Regain Up To 20GB Disk Space After Windows 10 Upgrade ?
If you have got the Windows 10 upgrade, you will notice about 15-20GB space missing from your disk drive. These files are used by your PC to revert back to older OS. If you are loving Windows 10, use Disk Utility to free up this 20GB space in few minutes. Read complete tutorial for detailed instructions.
Note: If you free the previous installation files, you won’t be able to restore the older Windows version on your PC. If you plan to ditch Windows 10 upgrade soon, don’t proceed.
Steps for this process :
- Press Windows/Start + R and then type the following without quotes ‘cleanmgr’
- It will open windows disk clean up utility [image]
- Now, spot the “Clean up system files” button and click on it. [image]
- Depending upon your drive size and system performance, the utility will take few minutes to scan the previous installation files on your PC. Be patient [image]
- After scanning has complete, look for “Previous Windows installation(s)” check it and click “Ok”.
- Done. You have freed your disk space up to 20 GB !